Call Today!   (303) 872-6985

Mother holding child representing crime victims and VAWA for Denver immigration firm Shaftel Law
There are special visas available for victims of certain crimes, victims of domestic violence and victims of human trafficking. These visas are the U and T visas. Each of these visa categories allow a person to stay in the U.S. for an initial period of three years and then a person has the possibility of becoming a lawful permanent resident. To obtain one of these visas, a victim is required to cooperate in any criminal prosecution. Therefore, it is extremely important to speak to an attorney if you think you might be eligible for one of these visas in order to evaluate eligibility and understand the process.

More in More Services